Dedicated, friendly and engaging volunteers are a key part of our well-supported, well-trained team. Our volunteers help us reach more people, improve outcomes for our clients and enhance knowledge of services in our local communities.
In return, we aim to provide interesting and rewarding volunteering opportunities that provides opportunities to meet new people and develop your skills. Other benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people’s lives by helping residents get the right specialist help to solve their problems.
- Gaining skills that will be useful in the workplace.
- Hands-on experience to complement formal studies, such as Youth Work or Social Work degrees.
- Develop knowledge of the voluntary sector and an understanding of service provision in Islington, especially Information, Advice and Guidance.
- Gaining insight into the issues faced by Islington residents, one of the most deprived boroughs in England.
- Boosting confidence and increasing versatility by providing opportunities to meet different kinds of people and practicing interpersonal skills.
- Support to access relevant volunteer-related development opportunities provided by other agencies, such as training providers.
- A detailed Personal Development Plan for volunteers, when requested.
- An exit interview and a next-steps career planning session with a member of staff.
- A reference for future employers upon the successful completion of a volunteering placement.